COVID-19 Resources for Farmers
Farmers in Georgia have weathered many storms over the years. Working through adversity is not a novel thing for farmers, nor is it for Georgia Farm Bureau. Our organization was started to help farmers in the depths of the Great Depression and the purpose of our insurance company is to be there in times of crisis. Farmers worked together to make it through those challenges years ago, and together, we will work through new sets of challenges. Georgia farmers and Georgia Farm Bureau will continue, No Matter the Storm. If you are active on social media, we encourage you to share how you are #StillFarming.
* This information was updated and new resources were added on April 27, 2020. Check the "Most Recent Updates" tab to make sure you haven't missed some of our latest additions. *
Click on the plus arrow for links to resources on each topic:
Georgia Farm Bureau is regularly updating this page with new resources and information. Please check back to find more resources.
Here is a quick rundown of the most recent additions in case you missed them:
- Gov. Kemp Issues Guidance for Re-opening Businesses – 4/23/20 - Developments in Georgia
- Augusta University launches free COVID-19 telemedicine screening online and via phone app - COVID-19 Testing Resources
- After virtual screening, visit one of these locations for live specimen collection sites for testing - COVID-19 Testing Resources
- Walmart, eTrueNorth launch drive-thru testing serving Augusta, Milledgeville, and Tifton - COVID-19 Testing Resources
- Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19 - Critical Infrastructure/Workforce & Food Supply Chain Information
- Do's and Don'ts for Essential Workers Who Have Been Exposed to COVID - Critical Infrastructure/Workforce & Food Supply Chain Information
- Best Practices to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Among Migrant Workers // En Español - Labor
- U.S. Dept. of Labor’s FAQ’s (includes H-2a topics) – Round 1 * - Labor
- U.S. Dept. of Labor’s FAQ’s (more H-2a specifics) – Round 2 * - Labor
- Governor’s Executive Order Issuing A Statewide Shelter In Place – 4/2/20 * - Developments in Georgia
The State of Georgia has a new COVID-19 hotline: (844) 442-2681
For access to services and immediate crisis help, call the Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL) at 1-800-715-4225, available 24/7.