Agriculture + Lifestyle
Fresh Fixins with Chef Jamie Keating: Coca-Cola Glazed Braised Pork Medallions
Created by Chef Jamie Keating with Epic Restaurant in Columbus, Georgia
"Although we don’t know what tailgating season may look like, I like how we take something rustic and give it a bump of elegance. Take what we produce in this recipe and create your own magic with it.”
Coca-Cola Glazed Braised Pork Medallions
- 1 lb pork butt, large diced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 qt ham stock
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Pork Glaze (recipe below)
- Saute carrot, celery and onions in 2 tablespoons oil and caramelize.
- Add stock and season.
- Saute pork butt pieces in 2 tablespoons of oil and brown.
- Add to stock mixture and evenly cover with broth.
- Cover and bake in 350-degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Toss the pork in the Pork Glaze to taste.
- 12 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- pinch of fennel seed
- 1 tsp roasted garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in the raw
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Calabrese peppers, chopped
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, combine the Brussels, parsley and carrot.
- Cover this mixture and set aside. In a sauce pan, add spices, sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil. Cool and cover with ice water bath.
- Once chilled, toss Brussels with vinegar mixture.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Wrap and refrigerate, allowing slaw to sit for 1 hour before serving. Recommend stirring occasionally.
- 1 cup beans such as limas, pole beans or edamame
- Olive oil, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pinch of fresh herbs such as thyme or oregano
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- In a mason jar, layer 1/2 cup of barbecue pork, a little more glaze, 1/4 cup beans and top with slaw.
Posted: 09/25/2020 in Food
Tags: fresh fixins, jamie keating, pork, beans, epic restaurant, braised pork, glaze, brussels slaw, beans
No comments have been posted.
HTML not allowed, max characters 255, * denotes required field.