Agriculture + Lifestyle
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 medium finely chopped onion
3 cloves of grated garlic
2 cups of pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
¾ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of cumin
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
Toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
1. Heat olive oil, onion and garlic until fragrant
2. Add pumpkin and spices, cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add vegetable broth, stir constantly for 3-4 minutes (mixture should bubble)
4. Remove soup from heat, add maple syrup and cream.
*Tip for creamier soup use immersion blender.
5. Top with toasted pumpkin seeds.
For more information about this recipe visit Kitchn.
No comments have been posted.
HTML not allowed, max characters 255, * denotes required field.